The changing work environment increasingly places demands and stress on employees. This work related stress leads to depression, drop in work performance, and anxiety. The pressure of the work environment has cost businesses well over $250 billion dollars a year in absentee-ism, reduced productivity, low morale, employee turnover, and accidents.
Searching for ways to deal with the stressful work environment, corporations are discovering the enormous benefits of yoga-based wellness programs.
Taking breaks in the workday with yoga has proven to be one of the most effective ways in helping employees relieve stress and become refreshed and more focused. Employees will then be able to make better decisions, be more productive, and have a more positive attitude with co-workers. My Yoga Online has designed mini yoga flows to meet the needs of the corporate environment. Our Yoga at Work practices can be conveniently and discretely done within the office space and in a short period of time. We provide employees with powerful tools needed to manage everyday challenges and to optimize health and well being.
Yoga at Work practices can provide numerous benefits:
- teaches individual stress management
- improves the immune system and overall health, resulting in decreased absenteeism and sickness levels
- increases productivity, motivation, and work performance
- improves decision making and creativity
- increases energy, mental alertness, and clarity
- improves stamina
- improves morale, job satisfaction, and positive thinking patterns
- improves memory, focus and concentration
- reduces muscle tension and pain due to sedentary working positions
- improves flexibility and physical strength
- improves breathing
- decreases headaches
- improves confidence
Kreg Weiss is a co-founder of My Yoga Online and certified Hatha Yoga Teacher. Several years ago, Kreg discovered yoga while teaching health and fitness. Yoga dramatically transformed Kreg's approach to teaching health and wellness as well as changed his personal life bringing new direction in finding physical, mental, and spiritual growth.